Speaker: Surprise MC
Presentation: The Annual South Texas Chapter business meeting and elections followed by….The Annual InfoSec Challenge
Abstract: As yet another year has quickly passed it is time again for the InfoSec Challenge Contest, the game of skill where WE the membership engage in a team competition to determine who has the best security skill and current cyber affairs knowledge.
InfoSec Challenge is a team skills challenge event, your team consisting of the members and guests from your table. Choose where your table carefully. The contest is played in three rounds: The InfoSec Challenge Round, InfoSec Challenge2 Round where points double, and Final InfoSec Challenge where the top three tables can wager any amount up to the amount earned during the first two rounds. Features of the contest include a familiar clue/question format plus the InfoSec Double and a few surprise chances to earn significant points. The Clue/Questions are arranged in categories that are revealed at the beginning of each round. Table numbers are drawn by lot for the opportunity to provide a question that fits the clue until either all clues are revealed or time expires.
Don’t Miss The InfoSec Challenge!
To allow everyone an opportunity to prepare, tune their security skills, and earn a few CPEs, material will be taken from:
- (ISC)2 InfoSecurity Professional, Issues from 2017 to include Sept, Oct, Nov, and December
- ISSA Web Conferences (2017) – September to Current
- (ISC)2 InfoSecurity (2017 issues)
- South Texas Chapter Monthly Meeting Program Events and newsletters (2017)
- The CISSP exam preparatory materials and CBK
- The Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing course Materials
- (ISC)2 Flash Cards – CISSP, Forensics, CCSP
And some material taken from current events and other fun places
Please note we will also have out annual election at this meeting. So come, play, volunteer, and vote!!
|Our Sponsor: TBA|
Luncheon Meeting Schedule:
- 11:15 a.m. Registration / Networking
- 11:30 a.m. Luncheon / Networking
- 11:45 a.m. Chapter Business Meeting
- 12:00 noon InfoSec Challenge
- 1:00 p.m. Adjourn Luncheon