Speaker: Surprise MC
Presentation: The Annual South Texas Chapter business meeting and elections followed by….The 11th Annual InfoSec Challenge – Dark Art of Enlightenment or Life Hack!!
Abstract: Better than cold leftover Chinese food. Comic revenge for your Brain.
Come escape the frustrations of the year end crunch and hack “InfoSec Challenge”, the exciting team knowledge competition. South Texas Chapter Members and their guests form teams who collectively respond with the authority of Colbert’s Great Furry Hat. Choose your table carefully, for the table members are your teammates. Played similar to a popular TV game show and in the tradition of a recent late night talk show host, there will be two exciting rounds of Karnack like challenges, five categories per round, and five items per category. Sorry, we’ll not have time to open envelops, we’re using a projector instead, and therefore all divining will be done at a distance. NO FOREHEADS ALLOWED ON THE SCREEN. Contestants can bring their own furry hats. Determine the “Question” that matches the given answer to earn your team valuable points and maybe you can be a lucky winner.
Game rules will be announced at the meeting and are subject to interpretation at the Master of Ceremonies’ and judge’s discretion. Any decision by the Master of Ceremonies or the Judges is final. Penalties will not be assessed for wrong answers or slightly rowdy participants if it gets a laugh.
Hint: It might be a good idea to catch up on your ISSA and ISC2 Information Security Profession journals, at least the last four issues of each. Knowing the International and our local chapter officers, award winners, and recent chapter activities may, can, and will help your team’s cause. Knowing a little about security events in the news can’t hurt. Having attended a Chapter lunch or two is a plus.
Game material sources:
- The ISSA Journal (2018 – Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) (One time per year 5 CPEs for subscribing to and READING any one Journal – just one per year)
- ISSA and ISC2 Web Conferences (2017) – September to current – 2 or 3 CPEs each – found on the ISC2 and ISSA International Web Sites.
- ISC2 InfoSecurity (2018 issues) – 2 CPEs each for passing issue quiz, there are six (6) 2018 issues
- South Texas Chapter Monthly Meeting Program Events and mini conferences
- The CISSP, CEH, and Security+ exam preparatory materials and respective Common Body of Knowledge
- The Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing course materials
- ISC2 Flash Cards – CISSP, Forensics, CCSP
Please note we will also have out annual election at this meeting. So come, play, volunteer, and vote!!
|Our Sponsor: TBA|
Luncheon Meeting Schedule:
- 11:15 a.m. Registration / Networking
- 11:30 a.m. Luncheon / Networking
- 11:45 a.m. Chapter Business Meeting
- 12:00 noon InfoSec Challenge
- 1:00 p.m. Adjourn Luncheon
- Background in Information Security.
- 1 CPE